Among people seeking back pain relief alternatives, most choose chiropractic treatment.
“About 22 million Americans visit chiropractors annually.”
Of these, 7.7 million, or 35%, are seeking relief from back pain from various causes, including accidents, sports injuries, and muscle strains. Other complaints include pain in the neck, arms, and legs, and headaches. At Healing Hands of Boca Raton we have treatments available for all of these pains.
Read more below about Chiropractic and pain relief services we offer.
Chiropractic is a healthcare career that concentrates on conditions of the nervous system and the musculoskeletal system, and the impacts of these conditions on basic health. Chiropractic care usually deals with these neuro-musculoskeletal problems, consisting of, however not restricted to, back discomfort, neck discomfort, discomfort in the joints of the legs or arms, and headaches.
Chiropractic doctors emphasize the conservative management of the neuromusculoskeletal system without the use of medicines or surgery, with special emphasis on the spine.
Chiropractors– typically described as chiropractic physicians or chiropractic doctors– practice a drug-free, hands-on approach to healthcare that consists of client evaluation, medical diagnosis and treatment. Chiropractic specialists have broad diagnostic abilities and are trained to advise corrective and healing exercises, along with offer dietary, nutritional and way of life counseling.The typical healing treatment carried out by chiropractors is referred to as “spinal manipulation,” likewise called “chiropractic adjustment.” This treatment is rendered to recover joint movement by manually using a gentle regulated force into joints that have actually ended up being limited in their motion (usually due to tissue injury.)
Tissue injury can be due to a single exasorpating event, such as inappropriate lifting of heavy things, or through repeated tensions, such as sitting in an unpleasant position with bad spine posture for a prolonged time period. In either case, hurt tissues go through chemical and physical modifications that can trigger swelling, discomfort, and decreased function for you. Adjustment, or modification of the influenced joint and tissues, brings back movement, therefore reducing discomfort and muscle tightness, and enabling tissues to …
Keep Reading about what Chiropractors can do.
How the K-Laser Therapy Works
Clinical studies and trials of laser therapy technology indicate the following beneficial effects of laser light therapy on tissues and cells:
1. Accelerated Tissue Repair And Cell Growth. Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take oil nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles are repaired faster.
2. Faster Wound Healing. Laser light stimulates fibroblast development (fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is predominant in wound healing) in damaged tissue. Collagen is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, laser therapy is effective on open wounds and bums.
3. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation. Laser therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, bums or surgery.
4. Anti-Inflammation. Laser light therapy has an anti-edemic effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system (drains swollen areas). As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
5. Anti-Pain (Analgesic). Laser therapy has a high beneficial effect on nerve cells which block pain transmitted by these cells to the brain and which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to less inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and …
Keep Reading about benefits of K-Laser Therapy.
Massage is no longer available only through luxury spas and upscale health clubs. Today, massage therapy is offered in businesses, clinics, hospitals and even airports. If you’ve never tried massage, learn about its possible health benefits and what to expect during a massage therapy session.
What is massage?
Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Massage therapists typically use their hands and fingers for massage, but may also use their forearms, elbows and even feet. Massage may range from light stroking to deep pressure.
There are many different types of massage, including these common types:
- Swedish massage. This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
- Deep massage. This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports massage. This is similar to Swedish massage, but it’s geared toward people involved in sport activities to help prevent or treat injuries.
- Trigger point massage. This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries or overuse.
Benefits of massage
Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension.
While more research is needed to confirm the benefits of massage, some studies have found massage may also be helpful for …
Keep Reading about our massage therapy services.
“If you are in pain,
call us to discuss how we can help (561)